Existing wallet account customers are now used to a superior experience owing to the popularity of fintechs, merchant payments and e-commerce, and will be demanding a similar experience from DIB Paisa Wallet account which aims to be their main financial services provider. This includes that DIB Paisa customer will be conducting seamless access to bank accounts and payments, coupled with rewards, loyalty and offers.
In Pakistan, most of the major e-commerce players are either online marketplaces for goods – such as Shophive, Daraz.pk (for consumer electronics and apparel, etc.), and FoodPanda (for food delivery) – or online marketplaces for services via immediate delivery – like the ride-hailing platforms Careem and Uber . Then there are online information and financial intermediaries – or infomediaries, as they are often called – like PakWheels (for automobile sale and purchase), Rozee.pk (job hunting and recruitment), and Zameen.Pk (real estate business). These channels will be on boarded by DIB Paisa application to serve fill information gaps and mostly earn profits through advertisements, contract making, and commission fees. Once onboard via TPSP all these payments will be managed via DIB Paisa wallet account.
Bess travel partner to integrate with DIB Digital Wallet is Bookme.
Bookme Tickets (Private) Limited (Bookme), one of Pakistan’s first and largest online ticketing platforms in Bus, Airlines , Food Partners, Restaurants, Health (doctors), Education, Online Gaming, Events and Showtime industry. It is has signed up with DIBPL for the provision of digital ticketing services to all DIB Mobile App, Internet Banking and Digital Wallet users across Pakistan.
- Bookme at present has 58 vendors available online (more signups in process)
- Bookme operates across 8 segments (Bus Partners, Event Partners, Airline Partners, Showtime Partners, Food Partners, Health Partner, Education Partner and Gaming Partner)
As a result of this partnership, DIB Digital banking business will be able to tap into a completely new online segment i.e. Digital Ticketing while providing following benefits to users:
- Conveniently book tickets with the cheapest fares (discounted) in the country through DIB’s internet/mobile and digital wallet portals and instantly checkout with their existing DIB accounts.
- Simply log into DIB mobile app/Internet Banking/digital wallet, select & book tickets online & directly pay through their core banking accounts or digital wallet account
- All ticket booking will be received by user’s in the form of an e-tickets instantly (no hassle / no need to carry a physical ticket)
- DIB Customer’s will simply show the e-ticket on their app and gain access to the facility/service. (paperless banking)
- Ultimately ensuring a delightful checkout experience for all end-users
- This partnership will allow DIB to offer its customers a digital option of using only one single ‘super app’ of DIBPL only, to book and pay for tickets conveniently & directly.
- No further need to use various other digital apps to book and pay for tickets
- DIB to earn transaction fee/commission on Bookme.pk platform which is amongst the largest e-commerce platforms in Pakistan, in terms of digital transaction flow, as it is completely cashless.
- DIB to come at par in terms of digital capability with other major digital players including EasyPaisa, JazzCash, HBL, Alfalah, Meezan, Askari Bank & Silk Bank.